Foundation Barista Skills Course Description
This one day course will arm you with all the required skills to make and deliver the key drinks menu for any coffee shop. You will learn how to make a great espresso, milk texturing, and latte art.
By passing this course, you can gain 5 points towards your SCA Coffee Diploma.
The course takes place in Ponaire’s state-of-the-art Coffee Roastery, Café, Lab and Barista School in Newport Tipperary. Ponaire has been importing raw beans from around the world and roasting award-winning coffees since 2006. In addition to the barista skills, you will gain an insight into the growing, processing, and roasting of coffee. You will get a tour of Ponaire’s Roastery and see a batch of coffee being roasted.
Key Topics Covered:
- Overview of how & where coffee is grown and processed
- Difference between Arabica & Robusta Coffee Beans.
- Setting the grinder, calibration, dosing and distributing
- Understanding over/under extraction and ideal extraction
- Channeling and how it affects the espresso shot
- Milk texturing
- Introduction to Latte Art
- Coffee Menu
- Work Station
- Maintenance, Cleaning, and Health & Safety
Practical and Online Exam required for Certification