Our next Barista Skills Course will be held on March 26th 2020, to Register click on the following link
Above our Coffee Roastery and Cáfe in the heart of Newport is our Coffee Lab, with all the facilities anyone would need for learning everything there is to know about Coffee, this is where we run our Barista Courses, with our Specialty Coffee Association SCA Certified Instructor Brendan.
Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Skills Program
Knowledge for Every Stage of Your Barista Career
Our Specialty Coffee Association SCA Foundation Skills Coffee Skills Program covers the following Key Topics:
- Overview of how & where coffee is grown and processed
- Difference between Arabica & Robusta Coffee Beans.
- Setting the grinder, calibration, dosing and distributing
- Understanding over/under extraction and ideal extraction
- Channeling and how it affects the espresso shot
- Milk texturing
- Introduction to Latte Art
- Coffee Menu
- Work Station
- Maintenance, Cleaning, and Health & Safety
Practical and Online Exam required for Certification
We provide Students with Courses for the Foundation and Intermediate Levels.