Hario V60 Coffee Dripper – White (1-4 Cup)c
Hario V60 Coffee Dripper – White (1-4 Cup) – Perfect for brewing fresh coffee at home in 3-4 minutes. Pour-over brewing allows you to brew the coffee directly into a server or cup. Easy to use, clean and makes great cup of coffee. Uses filter ground beans.
Simple, clean, accessible. If you’re just getting into coffee, drip brewing is a great place to start. You’ll probably have seen someone using a hand-brew dripper before – an inverted cone-shaped funnel slowly draining extracted coffee through a filter.
Coffees brewed in a Hario V60 Dripper will be lighter bodied, high clarity of flavour
The Hario V60 Dripper is particularly good for brewing more professionally and is a great way to really start to understand the subtle nuances of speciality coffee
How to make coffee using your Hario V60 Dripper
1. Fold your paper filter along the seam and into a cone. Put the cone in your V60 (which should be sitting on top of a cup or jug).
2. Rinse the filter by pouring hot water through it and into the cup (then tip out the excess).
3. Place your coffee in the cone and gently shake flat.
4. Put your V60 and cup (or jug) on the scale.
5. Start the timer. Pour in 50g of water, covering all the coffee, making it bloom.
6. After 30 seconds pour in 100g of water. Pour in concentric circles, into the coffee itself (not the sides of the filter paper!).
7. After 60 seconds, pour in 50g more water.
8. At 90 seconds, add another 50g.
9. All your water (250g of it) should be in by the 90-second mark. Now, let it drip until finished.
10. Your brew should be done within two to three minutes.
11. If it takes longer than expected, coarsen the grind next time. If it’s running short, go finer.
Tip: Use a Hario Gooseneck Kettle, if you have one, for a more controlled pour.