Includes 3 Cup Chemex Coffee Brewer, filters and 250g Yirgacheffee Speciality coffee specifically roasted for the Chemex. Choose between Ground and Whole Bean coffee.
- Place the filter in the Chemex Brewer
- Using a pouring kettle, rinse the filter with hot water – this will pre-heat the Chemex and eliminate any paper taste from the filter
- Leave the filter in place and discard the water
- Add the ground coffee and begin brewing
- First extraction: pour the water over the coffee for 40 – 45 seconds, moving from the centre out to the exterior in a circular motion to completely cover the coffee with water.
- Total extraction tie will be between 3 1/2 to 4 minutes
- When the extraction has finished, remove the filter and enjoy
The Grind: Coarse (between and electric brewer and a cafetiere or press)
Quantity: Between 7 and 10 g per 100ml of water depending on the desired concentration/strength
The Water: Non-boiling (90-95 degrees C) – filtered or mineral if possible
Cup Profile: The filters thickness and the Chemex’s smooth shape and angle all extraction of a particularly powerful and aromatic coffee with a silky body.